These junior swimmers will dive and do in-water front
somersaults. Their new bag of tricks includes handstands and
completion of the Canadian Swim to Survive® standard. They'll work on 10-15 m of front
crawl, back crawl and whip kick. Flutter kick interval training
increases to 4 x 25 m.
- Kneeling dive into deep water
- Forward roll entry into deep water
- Tread water 30 sec.
- Handstand in shallow water
- Front somersault (in water)
- Jump into deep water, tread 30 sec. and swim / kick 25 m
- Flutter kick on back 5 m; reverse direction and flutter kick on
front 5 m
- Flutter kick on front 5 m; reverse direction and flutter kick
on back 5 m
- Whip kick on back 10 m
- Front crawl and back crawl 15 m each
- Interval training: 4 x 15 m flutter kick with 20 sec.
- Water Smart messages: Swim with a Buddy; Wear a Lifejacket;
Check the Ice; Swim to Survive