October 31, 2021
Purpose: To govern the Lifesaving Society
Newfoundland Labrador in accordance with the Society's Bylaws and
Mission and to provide leadership to the Board of Directors on
Term of Office: Elected to the Board of Directors
at the Lifesaving Society's Annual General Meeting for a term of
Reporting Relationship: To the Board of
- Participate as an active member of the Board of Directors in an
ethical and lawful manner, respecting the confidentiality of Board
- Attend Board of Director meetings, the Annual General
- Manage the Member Services strategic plan and bi-annual
- Develop the Member Services strategic plan in conjunction with
the Board of Directors
- Develop the bi-annual operational plan with the Member Services
- Mentor Chairs in developing bi-annual objectives.
- Monitor progress of the operational plan and report to each
Board of Directors meeting.
- Monitor, review and revise the Program Guide every two years in
conjunction with the VP Training Program.
- Chair the Member Services Council.
- Recruit, mentor and supervise the following Chairs:
- Annual Conference: To manage the schedule, host agreement and
- Volunteer Personnel: to manage orientation and recognition of
Society volunteers, including Commonwealth Honour Award and rescue
award nomination process.
- Establish meeting schedule.
- Report on volunteer activity and appointments to the Member
- Represent Chairs' interests at Board of Directors
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Commitment to the drowning prevention mission of the Lifesaving
- Knowledge and experience to provide leadership for the Member
- Management skills to govern the business affairs of the
Minimum Legal Qualifications
- Must be a minimum of nineteen years of age.
- Must be legally competent.
Intereted persons should send their resume to