October 31, 2019
Purpose: To increase the number of Swim for
Life participants in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Term of Office: Appointed by the Board of
Directors to the Training Program Council for a term of two
Reporting Relationship: To the Board of Directors
as required. To the Training Programs Council as required
- Establish bi-annual objectives and action plans to increase
participation in the Swim for Life program.
- Increase number of affiliates offering the Swim for Life
- Prepare presentations and meet with Affiliates to promote the
use of the Swim for Life program.
- Ensure there are sufficient number of Swim for Life Instructors
to support the program.
- Schedule and run an annual Swim for Life affiliate meeting to
gather feedback for improvements to the program.
- Liaise with National and Provincial swim program
- Chair the Swim committee, including:
- Recruit committee members
- Assign responsibilities
- Recognize volunteer committee members.
- Attend training program council meetings, and the Annual
- Report to Training Programs council on status of established
objectives and action plans
- Prepare an annual report on activities and
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Commitment to the drowning prevention mission of the Lifesaving
- Knowledge and experience to provide leadership for the specific
- Management skills to govern the business affairs of the
Minimum Legal Qualifications
- Must be a minimum of nineteen years of age.
- Must be legally competent.
Please forward your expression of interest with background to: