Recertifying Leadership Awards through the Credit system
To maintain "current", Instructors, Examiners and Trainers must recertify their award(s) within 24 months of the certification or last recertification date.
The Lifesaving Society's Credit System recognizes individual needs and interests by encouraging leadership personnel to learn and improve through continuing education and professional development:
- Earn 3 credits during the 2-year certification period by participating in courses, clinics and training programs identified on the Lifesaving Society Credit List.
- Record your credits on the Credit Card dated and signed by the various course evaluators.
- Mail the completed Credit Card with the recertification fee to the Society's office. We send you back a renewed certification card (valid for another 2 years) together with a blank Credit Card and Credit List.
- Leadership awards are subject to a recertification fee each time they are renewed.
- There is no fee to renew an Examiner appointment, provided you renew it at the same time as your other leadership certifications.
Download list of available credits and directions on how to choose your credits
Download Credit Validation form
Checklist of documents to submit
- Credit Validation Form verified and signed by supervisor/co-instructor/examiner
- $30.00 fee for the first leadership award plus $7.45 for each additional award being recertified at the same time to a maximum of $50.00 (payable with a credit card by telephone 709-576-1953.