Anaphylaxis Rescuer certifies a candidate in the prevention and
first aid treatment of anaphylaxis using auto-injectors. Ideal for
parents, school teachers, camp staff, day-care workers and
first-aiders who require annual review.
Evaluation & certification: Current First
Aid Examiners evaluate and certify candidates in Anaphylaxis
Rescuer. The Lifesaving Society deems its certifications to be
"current" for 24 months from the certification date.
Candidate recognition: Certification card.
Required reference material: Canadian First
- Demonstrate an understanding of:
- what anaphylaxis is
- recognizing an anaphylactic victim
- importance of early recognition and treatment
- types of auto-injectors available and differences
- prevention and risk management of anaphylaxis
- Through practical activities whenever possible, demonstrate an
understanding of the legal implications of providing first aid
- Demonstrate the ability to manage an emergency scene
(recognize, assess and act) and how to call emergency medical
- Demonstrate the recognition and care of a victim suffering