Purpose: To govern the Lifesaving Society
Newfoundland Labrador in accordance with the Society's bylaws and
mission. To provide leadership to the Board of Directors to
increase lifesaving sport participation.
Term of Office: Elected to the Board of Directors
at the Lifesaving Society's Annual General Meeting for a term of
Reporting Relationship: To the members at the
General Meeting, annually, and oo the Board of Directors as
- Participate as an active member of the Board of Directors in an
ethical and lawful manner, respecting the confidentiality of Board
- Attend Board of Director meetings and the Annual General
- Chair the Lifesaving Sport Council
- Recruit, mentor and supervise the following Chairs:
- Athlete Rep: To ensure an athlete-centered focus in lifesaving
- Championships: To manage schedule, host agreement, site
selection and appointment of Meet Managers and Referees.
- Technical: To maintain a NL Competition Manual to complement
the ILS and Canadian Competition manuals
- Coaches & Officials: To develop and promote the
certification of officials and coaches.
- Establish the meeting schedule.
- Report on volunteer activity and volunteer appointments to the
Member Services Manager.
- Represent Chairs' interests at Board of Directors
- Manage the Lifesaving Sport strategic plan and bi-annual
- Develop the Lifesaving Sport strategic plan in conjunction with
the Board of Directors.
- Develop the bi-annual operational plan with the Lifesaving
- Mentor Chairs in developing bi-annual objectives.
- Monitor progress of the operational plan and report to each
Board of Directors meeting.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Commitment to the drowning prevention mission of the Lifesaving
- Knowledge and experience to provide leadership for the specific
- Management skills to govern the business affairs of the
Minimum Legal Qualifications
- Must be a minimum of nineteen years of age.
- Must be legally competent.
Please forward your expression of interest with background to: