Purpose: To govern the Lifesaving Society
Newfoundland Labrador in accordance with the Society's bylaws and
mission. To provide leadership on financial matters to the Board of
Term of Office: Elected to the Board of Directors
at the Lifesaving Society's Annual General Meeting for a term of
Reporting Relationship: To the members at the
General Meeting, annually, and oo the Board of Directors as
- Participate as an active member of the Board of Directors in an
ethical and lawful manner, respecting the confidentiality of Board
- Attend Board of Director meetings and the Annual General
- Advise the Board the Board on financial management of the
- Review quarterly financial statements and report the financial
position to the Board of Directors.
- Ensure that:
- Quaterly financial statements are prepared and reviewed
- Annual Budget is prepared for Board approval with forecasts
updated as required.
- Year-end audit is conducted and auditors are appointed
- Public information return is filed with Revenue Canada
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Commitment to the drowning prevention mission of the Lifesaving
- Knowledge and experience to provide leadership for the specific
- Management skills to govern the business affairs of the
Minimum Legal Qualifications
- Must be a minimum of nineteen years of age.
- Must be legally competent.
Please forward your expression of interest with background to: