Purpose: To govern the Lifesaving Society
Newfoundland Labrador in accordance with the Society's bylaws and
mission. To learn the Society's presidential roles and functions in
preparation for becoming President.
Term of Office: Elected to the Board of Directors
at the Lifesaving Society's Annual General Meeting for a term of
Reporting Relationship: To the Board of
- Participate as an active member of the Board of Directors in an
ethical and lawful manner, respecting the confidentiality of Board
- Advise the Board of Director concerning adherence to the
Governance Manual, NL Constitution, National Constitution and make
recommendations for revisions as required.
- Attend and actively participate in the following meetings and
events to learn the functions and responsibilities of the
President, Past President and Activity Centre Councils:
- Board of Directors meetings
- Annual General Meeting
- Branch Investitures
- National meetings (in year 2)
- Advise the President.
- Represent the President in his or her absence.
- Assume duties as assigned by the President.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Commitment to the drowning prevention mission of the Lifesaving
- Knowledge and experience to provide leadership for the specific
- Management skills to govern the business affairs of the
Minimum Legal Qualifications
- Must be a minimum of nineteen years of age.
- Must be legally competent.
Please forward your expression of interest with background to: