Purpose: To ensure the involvement and
engagement of volunteers and to recognize volunteer
Term of Office: Appointed by the Board of
Directors to the Member Services Council for a term of two
Reporting Relationship: To the Board of Directors
as required. To the Member Services council as required
- Establish bi-annual objectives and action plans for the
development and recognition of volunteers.
- Ensure volunteer achievements are recognized.
- Monitor mechanisms for tracking volunteer activity and
- Prepare list of nominees for Commonwealth Honour Awards.
- Assist with volunteer recognition ceremonies.
- Monitor volunteer recognition program and reccommend
- Chair the Volunteer Personnel committee, including:
- Recruit committee members
- Assign responsibilities
- Recognize volunteer committee members.
- Attend Member Services council meetings, and the Annual General
- Report to Member Services council on status of established
objectives and action plans
- Prepare an annual report on activities and
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Commitment to the drowning prevention mission of the Lifesaving
- Knowledge and experience to provide leadership for the specific
- Management skills to govern the business affairs of the
Minimum Legal Qualifications
- Must be a minimum of nineteen years of age.
- Must be legally competent.
Please forward your expression of interest with background to: