Purpose: To increase the number of National
Lifeguards certified in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Term of Office: Appointed by the Board of
Directors to the Training Program Council for a term of two
Reporting Relationship: To the Board of Directors
as required. To the Training Programs Council as required
- Establish bi-annual objectives and action plans to increase
participation in the National Lifeguard program.
- Promote National Lifeguard asthe single standard for
lifeguarding in Canada.
- Promote the advantages of National Lifeguard certification to
- Ensure there are sufficient National Lifeguard instructors and
Examiners throughout the province.
- Liase with National and Provincial lifeguarding
- Chair National Lifeguard committee, including:
- Recruit committee members
- Assign responsibilities
- Recognize volunteer committee members.
- Attend training program council meetings, and the Annual
- Report to Training Programs council on status of established
objectives and action plans
- Prepare an annual report on activities and
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Commitment to the drowning prevention mission of the Lifesaving
- Knowledge and experience to provide leadership for the specific
- Management skills to govern the business affairs of the
Minimum Legal Qualifications
- Must be a minimum of nineteen years of age.
- Must be legally competent.
Please forward your expression of interest with background to: