Purpose: To increase the number of participants
in Newfoundland and Labrador Lifesaving Sport Championships .
Term of Office: Appointed by the Board of
Directors to the Sport Council for a term of two years.
Reporting Relationship: To the Board of Directors
as required. To the Sport council as required
- Establish bi-annual objectives and action plans for the
development of Lifesaving Sport.
- Encourage and promote Lifesaving Sport competitions at all
- Confirm, manage, and promote the competition calendar.
- Confirm Championship hosts.
- Manage Championships within approved budget.
- Manage athlete eligibility and program of events.
- Prepare content and rules for Competition information
- Liase with Meet Managers
- Record athlete records.
- Liase with National and Provincial lifesaving sport
- Chair the Lifesaving Sport Championship committee, including:
- Recruit committee members
- Assign responsibilities
- Recognize volunteer committee members.
- Attend Lifesaving Sport council meetings, and the Annual
- Report to the Lifesaving Sport council on status of established
objectives and action plans
- Prepare an annual report on activities and
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Commitment to the drowning prevention mission of the Lifesaving
- Knowledge and experience to provide leadership for the specific
- Management skills to govern the business affairs of the
Minimum Legal Qualifications
- Must be a minimum of nineteen years of age.
- Must be legally competent.
Please forward your expression of interest with background to: