Purpose: To increase the number the number of
Lifesaving Sport coaches and officials.
Term of Office: Appointed by the Board of
Directors to the Sport Council for a term of two years.
Reporting Relationship: To the Board of Directors
as required. To the Sport council as required
- Establish bi-annual objectives and action plans for the
development and certification of coaches and officials.
- Encourage and promote coaching and officials training courses
through Affiliate community-based training:
- Liase with affiliates.
- Appoint coaches and officals Trainers.
- Record officials activity.
- Appoint key officials, including referees and meet
- Liaise with National and Provincial counterparts.
- Chair the Coaches and Officials Committee, including:
- Recruit committee volulnteers.
- Assign responsibilities.
- Recognize volunteer committee members.
- Report to the Lifesaving Sport council on status of established
objectives and action plans
- Attend Lifesaving Sport council meetings and Annual General
- Prepare an annual report on activities and
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Commitment to the drowning prevention mission of the Lifesaving
- Knowledge and experience to provide leadership for the specific
- Management skills to govern the business affairs of the
Minimum Legal Qualifications
- Must be a minimum of nineteen years of age.
- Must be legally competent.
Please forward your expression of interest with background to: